Do you sell gift cards?
- Yes! We have Tpumps Gift Cards! They work at every tpumps location and they do not expire.
- We're so busy making tea, boba, giving samples and orchestrating our team, we just can't pick up the phone. Most of our locations don't even have a land line! The best way to get in touch is by email on our Contact Page.
- No. We are a privately owned company.
- No. We are currently not franchising, nor do we plan to in the near future.
What kind of milk do you use? Lactose-free v.s. Dairy free?
- We use a lactose-free creamer. It is dairy based, but the lactose has been removed. We chose this option because we want everyone to be able to enjoy a rich milk tea without having to worry about tummy troubles. It has calories similar to skim milk. We did not choose soy or almond milk because we wish to avoid possible customer allergies. Plus, unlike half and half or other dairy options, It makes the tea rich with out competing with the subtle flavor of the freshly brewed tea.
- Our milk tea is safe to drink if you are lactose intolerant. However, the creamer is not dairy free. Since the creamer is a derivative of milk, it is not recommended for people with severe dairy allergies or a vegan diet.
- Torani simple syrups. We choose them because they are a local company from South San Francisco who uses all natural ingredients and cane sugar.
- Fructose. If you don't want it added, simply ask for no sweet.
- Unfortunately, we haven't lab tested drinks, so it's hard to give a precise number. Based on our recipe break down, a flavored tpumps sized milk tea, normal sweet with boba is about 250-280 calories. For each addition: flavor, milk, sweetness and topping adds about 65 calories per tpumps size and 80 calories per pumpbo size.
- No. Since sugar makes it's way into the drink with the flavor, sweetness and topping, simply having a sugar free flavor would be deceptive. If you're trying to look to cut back on calories, try light or no sweet, no milk, or light topping. All of these will cut a significant amount of calories from the drink. If you're avoiding sugar for a health reason, try a simple iced black or jasmine green tea with no additions. Otherwise, we don't recommend our drink.
- Our non-caffeinated tea is an herbal tea called Houttuynia cordate. It is 100% caffeine free. It is an excellent option for the very young, pregnant women or anyone trying to avoid caffeine. It has a very light earthy flavor and we recommend adding a flavor to it.
- Boba is tapioca pearls. Before they are cooked they are similar to pasta, except that they are made with tapioca flour rather than semolina. Our honey boba is extra delicious because each batch takes over 2 hours to prepare. Our boba is sweetened with cane sugar and honey.
- Boba bran is sweet basil seeds. They are jelly on the outside and crunchy in the center. They have similar health properties to Chia seeds. They are high in fiber, zero calorie and have a natural sweet basil flavor.
- Popping boba are bubbles filled with a flavored syrup that pop with flavor burst when you bite into them.
- We think the tea flavor should come first and foremost, not the toppings. Jelly and pudding come out of tubs. They are filled with artificial ingredients and preservatives. We prefer not serving that to our customers.
- Our premium tea is available on our merchandise page. The loose leaf house green and black tea on our site is the same tea we brew up in every location.
Event Catering and Fundraising
Do you cater events?
- We do not do on-site catering, but we can prep drinks in advance, seal them, and pack them for transport for you to take to your events.
- Yes. We pre-make drinks for you to resell at our events. Most groups resell our 24oz drinks for $4.00 yielding a profit of $0.50 per drink. We will add an additional 30% worth of free drinks to your order. These free drinks can be resold for 100% bonus profit for your cause!
- 25 drinks and up to 500 drinks
- We need at least 2 weeks notice so we can confirm the order, process payment, (orders must be paid in full in advance) and schedule extra help to make the large order. Get in touch with us on our catering page to set up your order.
- Discounts are sometimes made on a case to case basis. It is usually in the form of additional free bonus drinks to offset costs.
- Nope. We do not have the manpower to deliver large orders. You will have to arrange your own pickup.
Hiring / Work for Tpumps
Are you Hiring?
- YES! We are always looking for our next superstar barista. Check out our employment page and send us you information. Include a copy of your resume, contact information, what location you'd like to apply to, and a short explanation of why you'd like to work for Tpumps.
- You must be at least 16 years old to work for Tpumps. Employees under 18 years of age must have work permits.
- Tpumps is a high paced job. We love our team and we pay top dollar to team members who can balance speed, attention to detail and provide top notch customer service. Starting pay is $12 per hour!